Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Should you wear a Bikini?

Just watch this video before we talk...





I don't know about you, but I prefer to have guys think of me as a person, and listen to how I feel and what I say, rather than how they would like to "use" me.

After watching this video, we know that what women have wondered all of these years is scientifically researched and true...yes sometimes men have to function with less than all of their brain (poor guys). Let's go easy on the guys, dress modestly and hope to keep the logical part of their brain on.

The thing is, even if you are in a group of girls and you are wearing a bikini, most of the girls are probably comparing themselves to you, which you don't want going on either.  They might be wishing they looked like you in a bikini or thinking they look better than you in their bikini either way... do you want to inspire people to feel bad about themselves or feel prideful about themselves (especially your friends!!!!????)?

Now if you wear a one piece, they will probably just be thinking "I wonder why she is wearing a one-piece?" which might spurn a great conversation about how there is more to people than what they look like or how boys brains sometimes turn off and you would rather keep them turned on (I mean their brain turned on...duh, people please), either which would be much more interesting and more productive than the ugly comparison game.

Give others a chance to know you, rather than just look at you!

That being said, you can still put some make up on and dress nicely.  You don't want others to not be able to get to know you because they are so distracted with your unkempt appearance,  while you're thinking to yourself : "Well, it shouldn't matter what I look like, because there is more to me than looks.  Might as well just give up showering altogether." Just saying...I already tried that... it totally doesn't make the statement you are going for! (don't worry I only went without showering for 6 days...you people and your imaginations...)

Know: Part of loving yourself means respecting yourself.  Respect yourself and you will end up loving yourself. You must believe there is more to you than just your body and then others will notice there is more to you as well.

Repeat: There is more to me than how I look. I will give people the chance to know that by dressing modestly.

Do: Throw away your bikinis 


Thanks to my sister Heidi, who posted this video on Facebook.  It is awesome and all girls should see it.  Thanks to Jason Evert, the guy in the video, he is doing some phenomenal work putting the "why" behind values.  You can see more of him on his youtube channel "Chastity."

No comments:

Post a Comment